CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sep 1, 2008

Labor Days...

Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer started this meme, and if you are reading it, consider yourself tagged!
In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either.

How long were your labors?
Kid #1, 21 hours.
Kid #2, 6 hours

I highly reccomend the 2nd version!!!!

How did you know you were in labor?
Kid #1, 6 hours of do-anything-to-get-comfortable, irregular contractions until your husband forces you to go to the hospital.
Kid #2, Visit the doc,and he says, "Go straight to the hospital. You are in labor."

Again, I recommend the 2nd method.

Where did you deliver?
At a hospital. Where the drugs are!!!!!!

Drugs?
Absolutely! 100% Actually, I went about 17 hours the first time sans drugs until my mom talked me into an epidural "so that I could rest." Yeah right! Then with the second, I asked for the epidural at 7 months. I told the doc that I would just wheel around in a wheel chair for a couple of months. Sadly he did not go for that, and there was a moment after almost two hours of waiting for the anesthsiologist that the devil in me came out and looked at The Man and said in a very evil, scary voice, "Go find the anesthesiologist and bring him here... NOW!"

C-section?
Nope

Who delivered?
Doctors. Two different docs who could not have been more different and whom I loved both dearly!!!!

If you want to play along with this meme, just cut and paste the questions into your own blog, and leave your link on Shannon's page.

2 comments that bring me joy:

Kama said...

Pretty funny! I am due in less than 4 weeks and can't wait to meet our little one! Thanks for sharing your story--I've enjoyed reading all of them from RIMD. My friends are giving me some advice on our blog this week too if you'd like to share anything!

Jenny said...

Love it! Your answers sounded kinda like mine. 24 hours of labor with the first (yes, active - he didn't want to come out). 8 hours with the second. Shots and drugs as soon as I could get them. I was one of the few in my birthing class that was for drugs so I had to sit through the self-righteous stares of the other mommies to be.

Hey, I was a realist.

I also snorted and laughed out loud during our "visualization breathing and practice time". I just couldn't visualize the beach and pretend I was in labor. Plus, the lights were out and I get the giggles.

Thanks for sharing!