CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Nov 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted a pair of cowboy boots. Specifically red cowboy boots, and for some reason I want to wear them with a skirt.
The Man has always thought I was crazy. Well, that is kind of an understatement, but he thinks I am even crazier for wanting a pair of cowboy boots.
The joke for years has been that I am more than welcome to get a pair as long as I wear them in the bedroom- and that is all I am wearing.
The following poem is what he gave me for my birthday...

For years and years you’ve asked
So finally I’ve agreed
But I’m obviously not up to task
Hence this “poem” from me

I didn’t have a clue
Where to find these things
I’ve looked amongst the shoes
But didn’t find a thing

I found big manly ones
And small dainty ones too
But none as red and shiny
As the ones I want for you

So take this cold hard cash
And go shopping for the loot
But remember our standing deal
And wear nothing but the boots!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I LOVE YOU!!
Along with this photo and a hundred dollar bill attached.
So, today, I am going shopping with Susannah
and Kristina for my boots. I may concede that red boots with a skirt may not be the best fashion choice, but there is nothing wrong with a pair of black or brown boots, right?
Don't answer that!!!

1 comments that bring me joy:

Jackamo said...

As long as you don't get that one pair that you lusted after once upon a time. I'll support you! However, if you get that one pair, I'll still love you.