CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Nov 2, 2008

These Boots are Made for Walkin'

Ta Da...


Here are the boots. They are apparantly really fun to wear.


Flora and Jaxon did not think that these boots were made for walking. It is difficult to walk in boots that come up to your hips.
And, ironically, the boots that I ended up with are the same ones that The Man chose in brown instead of red.
When we shopped yesterday, I found the boots for $110 at DSW, but I wanted to keep shopping to make sure they were the boots that I really wanted. Then we stopped by Macy's on our way back to DSW, and I found the same boots for $99. Woo Hoo- a $10 savings.
When I got in line to purchase, the sweet lady in front of me had extra coupons to be used with a credit card, and she gave me her $25 off of a $100 purchase. So, I grabbed a pair of socks to get over the $100 mark. I wasn't sure if they would let me even use the coupon since I was paying cash, but it was worth a try. Leroy, the sales clerk, agreed to let me use the coupon, and then the boots rang up to $127.
Oh no!!!!! The sale tag said $99. Leroy also agreed to give me the marked price even though they had been mis-marked. Then Yolanda took over the transaction and said that since they were having to adjust the price anyway that they could just make the boots $100 so that I could use the coupon and not have to buy the socks.
Sooooooooo (drum roll please), the total price of my originally $110 pair of boots was $79.50!!!!!!!!!
I love a great deal!!!!!

4 comments that bring me joy:

Andrea said...

I'm disappointed that you didn't buy red ones! I guess the Christmas ornament is as close as you'll get!

Anonymous said...

LOVE them! Can't wait to see you wear them. What did you do with the extra $20? Starbucks for everyone!

Troye said...

Anna, that even made Chris laugh!!!! Funny Girl.

Jackamo said...

Oh so much better than the pair from yesteryear! I like these! They are cute, sassy, and kicky. Work your country style, sista! Lalu!